Date(s) - 08/08/2017
7:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Prior to the Beginners on Rock meet, SCC are running a training session focusing on transferring lead climbing skills from indoors to outside.
This coaching session will be teaching club members how to deal with the various top anchors that you are likely to see whilst sport climbing outdoors on single pitch routes.
- Introduction to lead climbing outside
- Looking at the variety of bolt setups
- How to re-thread / clean an anchor
Who’s this for:
- Climbers who have recently started climbing sport routes outdoors. Perhaps with some indoor lead climbing experience and looking to translate those skills to an outdoor environment.
- Anyone who would like a refresher on re-threading anchors
- Anyone thinking of attending the Beginners on Rock meet
- Everyone who is interested
What equipment do you need:
- Harness and Belay Plate
- The club will supply slings, screwgates and quickdraws however, please bring these along if you have them
This session will run from approximately 7:30 till 8:30. We will be using a portion of the Boulder Shack wall, so please come and find us if you are interested!
The training session is free to all SCC club members however, the normal entry fee to Boulder Shack will still apply