Date(s) - 04/05/2019 - 05/05/2019
This May bank holiday you can learn how to climb trad in the beautiful Peak District! Quite probably the best place to start you trad climbing career.
Over two days you will learn all the essential skills to safely climb routes with traditional protection and consolidate these skills with professional instructor Tim Miller.
Here’s a taste of what you’ll learn:
- Principles of trad climbing and the equipment used
- How to place trad gear and assess the quality of the placement
- Building anchors for belays
- Preparing abseils and abseiling best practices
- Guide book use and route selection
- Sea cliffs and their specific hazards
- Managing an inexperienced second / partner
Prerequisite skills: Top rope experience, ideally leading indoors or out but not essential.
Equipment required: You will need your own harness, helmet and belay. If you have any trad gear then bring it with you, but trad racks will be provided to those who need them.
Location: This training will take place on the 4-5th May during the Peak District meet over the May bank holiday weekend. Crag will be chosen by the instructor on the meet.
Cost: £45 per person
This event is fully booked.
There are 0 of 4 spaces remaining