As an affiliated club with the BMC, the national governing body for hillwalking, climbing and mountaineering, we follow advice and guidance issued by them. Recent guidance from the BMC regarding COVID-19 is aimed at keeping everyone as safe as possible and avoiding the risk of transmission.
If you are attending a meet or training session organised by Southampton Climbing Club, we kindly ask that you follow these guidelines.
- Sign up to the event to aid track and trace.
- Do not come if you or anyone you live with is exhibiting coronavirus symptoms.
- You must report to Southampton Climbing Club if you develop symptoms within 7 days of the meet.
- You must leave immediately if you develop symptoms on a meet.
- You must adhere to the current government social distancing guidelines.
For the latest government guidance on social distancing please see these websites.
Our governing body, the British Mountaineering Council has also issued guidance for groups of outdoor climbers and hill walkers.
If you have any concerns or questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch with the committee.