This meet will cost £32 per person. This includes a bed in the hut Friday, Saturday and Sunday night, a group meal on one of the evenings and basic breakfast provisions.
We are in the position to offer free training during this meet. On the Saturday 26th Luke is running an intro to multipitch training course for 2 people. It is open to SCC members attending this meet. This is a great opportunity to partake in what is usually expensive high quality training for free!
Please note – when booking a place on this meet you are committing to attending. We cannot offer refunds for meets where the Club has booked accommodation in advance as this leaves us out of pocket. If, after booking, you cannot attend for any reason you can recoup the cost by finding another SCC member to ‘sell’ your space to. If you do this or cannot attend, please let the committee know.
Things to bring:
- Sleeping stuff – Sleeping bag and pillow. Sheets are not provided.
- Climbing stuff (only essential if you actually plan on climbing) – Harness, rock shoes, belay device, helmet, prussik, sling and carabiner
- Clothing – Warm clothes, and spare ones if they get wet. It’s the Lakes in August, anything could happen.
- Weather gear – Waterproofs and a good pair of boots or shoes. Suncream
- Personal – stuff for showering including a towel!
- Food – Something for the first day will be handy – the closest shops are in Ambleside
- Water bottle – at least one for use when out and about
Desirable (bring if you have these):
- Trad rack, half ropes, single rope
- Approach shoes
- Boulder mat
- Guide books
- Maps of the area
- Walking poles
- Food for lunch and snacks for the hills / crags
The Club has a stock of guidebooks which are kept at Bouldershack. This can be accessed by asking at the front desk for the key to the SCC library. Members are welcome to borrow guidebooks for the meet but please sign then out and return them promptly.
Members are also able to borrow gear from the club. This can be done by filling out an equipment request form. Details can be found here.
Food and drink:
The hut has a fully equipped kitchen for cooking and storing food. There are shops in Ambleside which is a 20 minute drive away.
We will be cooking a group meal on one of the evenings in the hut. This is included in the cost of the met. Please remember to add any dietary requirements when booking your ticket.
We will be providing basic breakfast provisions such as bread and spreads and tea and coffee. If you want anything else please bring it yourselves.
There is a pub locally in Little Langdale and further options in Ambleside.
We are staying in the Little Langdale Cottage in Little Langdale. The closest post code in LA22 9PA but this does not take you to the cottages. It is number 2 New Houses on Fitz Steps. Please note, if you try to come from the South there is a ford to cross!
Little Langdale is a small village approximately 20 mins drive from Ambleside. There is a local pub but all shops are in Ambleside. There is a huge amount of local climbing as shown on UKC.
The hut is a standard bunkhouse with 2 dorms of 10 and 6 bunk beds. There is a kitchen, dining / living area, showers and toilets. There is space outside for a limited number of cars (number tbc).