Not long now until we’ll be scaling the cliffs of Portland. You will need to organise your transport with each other and we are all aiming to leave Southampton at 8am which should give us an arrival time of around 9.45 in Portland. We will aim to leave at around 4.30pm but some may stay longer if the sun is out.
If you don’t have your own personal harness or helmet then please reply to just this email to let us know asap.
For the day we recommend that you bring the following with you:
- Warm clothes including a jumper
- Waterproof jacket
- Sun-cream (welcome to the UK)
- A Large packed lunch
- At least 1.5L of water
- Tight fitting shoes for walking (no crocks or flip-flops, although these could be brought for whilst belaying)
- Any personal climbing gear you have, including a harness, shoes, belay, helmet, quick-draws. There is no need for any trad equipment.
- A rucksack to put the above in to. We will be scrambling to access the crag so hand held carrier bags will make this tough.
- A bucket, filled to the brim with excitable enthusiasm!
We will be climbing at Blacknoor South. The address of the car park is Grangecroft Road, Weston, Portland, Dorset DT5 2AG. Parking is £5 for the day and the parking machine will only accept coins.
See you at the crag!
Have you spent the summer dreaming of taking your climbing to the next level and venturing outdoors for the first time, but for some reason or another it just hasn’t happened yet? Then this meet is for you!
This meet is aimed at climbers with limited or no outdoor climbing experience, but if you are a more experienced climber who is willing/able to help out you will go down in the records as an all-round “good sort” and no doubt be compensated in the form of beer. What more could you want?
So sign up and kick-start your outdoor climbing adventures with us!
NOTE: Due to limited resource this meet is restricted to members only (No guests/ u18’s)