Date(s) - 19/06/2015 - 21/06/2015
Swanage - California Campsite
So summer is on its way, and the wall is buzzing with talk of climbing in the Great Outdoors. But you’ve little or no experience of climbing on real rock, and not really sure how to get into it. Sound like you? Well, listen up!
Join us at Swanage for a whole weekend intoduction to the exciting world of outdoor climbing. Whether you have no experience at all, have done a few top ropes on one of our meets, or even have had a go at seconding or leading and want to practise your skills, then this is for you.
Swanage is our local crag, and offers a huge range of trad and sport grades from the very easy to the ferociously hard, and everything in between. The weekend can offer you experience in any of the following:
- trad climbing
- sport climbing
- top roping
- multi pitch
So whatever your level of experience, this promises to be an excellent meet!
We have booked a field at California Campsite which is perfectly poised for access to the crags, with just a 20 minute walk to Subluminal and other great venues. California Campsite is also a stone’s throw from Swanage with its range of lovely pubs/bars/shops/restaurants and of course the famous fish and chip shop! So rest assured, you will not go hungry 🙂 The campsite also has a firepit and allows BBQs, so if the weather allows we will have a BBQ on the Saturday night. See here for more details: http://www.campfield4hire.com/California_Campsite/
For this weekend we recommend that you bring the following with you:
- Camping/glamping gear (no judgements here!)
- Warm clothes
- Sun-cream (welcome to the UK)
- Adequate food for the weekend (or a trip to local shops in Swanage), and BBQ equipment (preferably not disposable BBQs as the campsite is eco-friendly)
- Tight fitting shoes for walking (no crocks or flip-flops, although these could be brought for whilst belaying)
- Any personal climbing gear you have, including a harness, shoes, belay, helmet (if you have one – if not, we have some we can lend out), quick-draws, guidebooks… etc
- A rucksack to put the above in to. We may be scrambling to access the crag so hand-held carrier bags will make this tough.
If you want to join us (and why wouldn’t you?) then Sign up below – using the usual booking form. The cost of camping is £8 per person per night (free for children). All of the training will be provided free of charge by kind and knowledgeable club members, BUT a token of your appreciation (e.g. in the form of beer) is always very welcome!!
As always, we will discuss travel arrangements closer to the time; there will be plenty of drivers so do not fear if you do not have your own form of transport.
We hope you can make it! Any questions speak to Colette or any other committee member at SCW on a Tuesday night, or drop us an email at the usual address: email@example.com.
To book on to this event you must first login at the top of this page. If you are logged in and still seeing this message then bookings for this event are now closed or you have not renewed your subscription for this year.
There are 62 of 90 spaces remaining