Missed out on the North Wales training meet, or feel like you could do with a refresher? Then come along to beautiful Swanage and enjoy some quality training at your local crag! Experienced climbers also welcome, the more the merrier 🙂
We will be staying at California Campsite, a stone’s throw from the crag (Subluminal for those of you in the know!). We will have a whole field to ourselves so plenty of room to spread out. For the two nights camping comes in at £12 per person. We are allowed campfires in designated areas and BBQs (preferably not of the disposable variety). This is a fairly basic campsite with toilets and cold water taps on site, but the peaceful location and easy access to the crag more than makes up for it!
The course will ran by Eddy Young of Dorset Adventures (http://www.dorset-adventures.co.uk/) and will be provided over two days (18/19th June), covering the following topics:
- Abseiling skills
- How to place trad gear
- Building belay anchors
- Rope management
- Using half ropes for trad climbing (day 2)
- Rigging abseils (day 2)
The subsidized cost of the course will £40 for both days. There are just 12 training spaces to book early to avoid disappointment!
- Happy with lead climbing indoors (grade does not matter)
- Happy lead belaying
What to bring:
– Camping equipment: tent (or arrange someone to share with!), sleeping bag, rollmat & pillow, BBQ/cooking equipment
– Climbing Shoes
– Helmet (if you don’t own one, SCC has a few)
– Belay device
– Warm clothing (likely to be chilly at night!)
– Suitable footwear (Boots, approach shoes, trainers at a push!)
– Day rucksack (~40-50 Litres)
– Personal first aid kit + any medication you require
– Drinks bottle (~1L)
– Waterproof jacket and trousers
– Notebook and pen
You will need to bring adequate food for all meals (although there are shops in nearby Swanage, and also a number of good pubs/fish and chip shops etc.)
Lifts will be arranged closer to the time; as a guide, petrol will cost in the region of £15-£20 per car depending on where you are travelling from so please remember to reimburse your driver.
To book a camping space and/or training space please select the appropriate options below. Please note: if you want both camping AND training spaces you must select both options!
We hope to see you there!