This meet will be suitable for all members with trad or sport climbing experience.
This meet will cost £40 per person. This includes a bed in the bunkhouse on Friday, Saturday and Sunday night and a group meal on one of the evenings.
Please note – when booking a place on this meet you are committing to attending. We cannot offer refunds for meets where the Club has booked accommodation in advance as this leaves us out of pocket. If, after booking, you cannot attend for any reason you can recoup the cost by finding another SCC member to ‘sell’ your space to. If you do this or cannot attend, please let the committee know.
We are staying in Bamford, near Hathersage in the Eastern Peak. There are plenty of gritstone trad climbing crags, and bouldering in the area.
There is also a large bolted limestone quarry – Horseshoe Quarry – a short drive away just outside Stoney Middleton.
As well as climbing there is plenty of walking and cycling in the local area and Hathersage has good gear shops.
Things to bring:
- Sleeping stuff – Sleeping bag (pillows and sheets are provided but you may want to bring your own to use)
- Climbing stuff (only essential if you actually plan on climbing) – Harness, rock shoes, belay device, helmet, prussik, sling and carabiner
- Clothing – A variety will be helpful. Weather could do anything at the end of May.
- Weather gear – Waterproofs and a good pair of boots or shoes. Suncream
- Personal – stuff for showering including a towel!
- Food – Something for at least breakfast will be handy but there is a shop in Hathersage
- Water bottle – at least one for use when out and about
Desirable (bring if you have these):
- Trad rack, half ropes, single rope
- Approach shoes
- Boulder mat
- Guide books
- Maps of the area
- Walking poles
- Food for lunch and snacks for the hills / crags
The Club has a stock of guidebooks which are kept at Bouldershack. This can be accessed by asking at the front desk for the key to the SCC library. Members are welcome to borrow guidebooks for the meet but please sign then out and return them promptly.
Members are also able to borrow gear from the club. This can be done by filling out an equipment request form. Details can be found here.
Food and drink:
The hut has a fully equipped kitchen for cooking and storing food. There are small food shops in Hathersage which is a short drive away.
We will be cooking a group meal on one of the nights in the hut. This is included in the cost of the meet. Please remember to add any dietary requirements when booking your ticket.
We will be providing basic breakfast items such as bread, spreads and milk.
There is a pub locally in Bamford within staggering distance of the bunkhouse and several in Hathersage. There is a cafe at the garden centre just outside of Bamford.
Bamford Farm, South View Lane, Bamford, Hope Valley, S33 0BL
There are 3 bunk rooms all with bunkbeds, showers, toilets, kitchen and a large living area.
We can access the bunkhouse from 4pm on Friday 26th and we need to vacate by 11am on Monday 29th.
Late May bank holiday – Friday 26th – Monday 29th May