During this two day course, you will learn the fundamentals of traditional climbing. This is ideal for anyone who has yet to start trad climbing or for those who have just started and looking for professional instruction on what they’re doing.
Course content includes:
- Principles of trad climbing and the equipment used
- How to place trad gear and assess the quality of the placement
- Building anchors for belays
- Preparing abseils and abseiling best practices
- Guidebook use and route selection
- Sea cliffs and their specific hazards
- Managing an inexperienced second/partner
As this is a two-day course you can either travel down to Swanage each day, find a B&B in Swanage or camp. The recommended campsites are either Toms Field (first option) or Acton Field.
Each day we will meet at the Dancing Ledge car park here at 10am, walk down to the cliffs, climb all day with professional instruction with Tim Miller and then return to the car park for around 5pm.
All training with SCC is great value but this is particularly incredible. This would usually cost around £200 per person and you get it for a staggering £30! There are only 4 spaces though so don’t hesitate if there are still spaces remaining.