This year at the AGM we are again having an outdoor gear exchange. So dust off any clothes or kit that you no longer use and give them a new lease of life to fellow SCC members! To ensure we get the best out of it please follow these rules:
- Up to 10 items per person maximum
- If it is clothes they must be clean
- Be honest about kit condition and history
- No textile PPE allowed at all. This includes slings, harnesses, ropes etc.
Once you arrive to the AGM this will be the format:
- People with kit to sell please arrive between 6-6.15pm so we set up before the AGM is due to start.
- There will be paper tags with string to attach to each item. On this tag write your name, price you want for the item (This could be in £s, listed as free or if you want to exchange it for something)
- Have your kit in a bag (like a bag for life) to keep your things tidy and together. Leave on the table we have for kit swap. Please no swapping at this point!
- *Important AGM chats ensue whilst we wait patiently for a break*
- During the break let the kit swap begin! If you find a bit of kit you like then see who it belongs to on the label and go and find them.
- Organise how the person would like compensated for the item amongst yourselves. SCC will let individuals decide what is the best format here.
- If you have picked up an item and aren’t purchasing it please put it back in the correct spot.
- Take home any of your own items that haven’t sold.
- Be happy with your new kit or clearer wardrobe!
Another reminder if you haven’t already please sign up for the AGM (so we know how much pizza to buy!) AGM 2023 – Southampton Climbing Club
P.S. Image was AI generated so may have some not so normal outdoor gear in the image!