- Crag selection: Battleship Back Cliff + The Veranda
- Meeting: 9:45AM to depart at 10AM – the track at the junction of Reap Lane & Rip Croft: https://goo.gl/maps/28p35ApyxTeqR2i88
- Parking: Please car share wherever possible to reduce the number of spaces required. See the UKC link below for some parking info in the Approach Notes.
- UKC link: https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crags/battleship_back_cliff-265/
- Summary: We’ll be heading to the west coast where there’s a good selection of routes from 3b up to 7c, including some short and accessible routes at the Veranda for those learning to top rope, clean anchors & lead as well as longer routes for the more experienced along the back cliff. Please see info below for tips on gear to bring if you’re unsure.
This will be a sunny (promise!) day meet on the picturesque Isle of Portland – suitable for everyone from fresh faced climbing newbies through to lean, mean sport-climbing machines.
Exact location to be chosen nearer the time – one of the perks of Portland is being able to pick East or West depending on the wind direction and weather.
For members – hop on over to the members Facebook event for updates.
Sunset will be around 6PM, so we’ll probably slope off to the chippy in Weston or the Cove House Inn once we’ve run out of daylight and skin.
Things to bring:
- Climbing shoes
- Belay plate & carabiner
- Chalk bag
- Slings & carabiners or similar for cleaning anchors if capable
- Quick draws if leading
- Single rope if you have one
- Layers in case it gets cold
- Sun cream in case it gets hot
- Guide book if you have one