Date(s) - 13/06/2021
On this one day event you will learn all the essential skills to safely climb routes with traditional protection.
Here’s a taste of what you’ll learn:
- Principles of trad climbing and the equipment used
- How to place trad gear and assess the quality of the placement
- Building anchors for belays
- Preparing abseils and abseiling best practices
- Guide book use and route selection
- Sea cliffs and their specific hazards
- Managing an inexperienced second / partner
Prerequisite skills: Top rope experience, ideally leading indoors or out but not essential.
Equipment required: You will need your own harness, helmet and belay. If you have any trad gear then bring it with you, but trad racks will be provided to those who need them.
Location: Swanage – specific details will be sent prior to the day.
Cost: £15 per person
To book on to this event you must first login at the top of this page. If you are logged in and still seeing this message then bookings for this event are now closed or you have not renewed your subscription for this year.
There are 1 of 6 spaces remaining