On this one day event you will learn all the essential skills to safely climb routes with traditional protection.
Here’s a taste of what you’ll learn:
- Principles of trad climbing and the equipment used
- How to place trad gear and assess the quality of the placement
- Building anchors for belays
- Preparing abseils and abseiling best practices
- Guide book use and route selection
- Taking your skills forward
Prerequisite skills: Top rope experience, ideally leading indoors or out but not essential.
Equipment required: You will need your own harness, helmet and belay. If you have any trad gear then bring it with you, but gear will be available for you to use on the day.
Location: Swanage – specific details will be sent prior to the day.
There is a 2:1 participant to instructor ratio for this course.