This training course is for those who have started climbing on single pitch crags and are looking to move on to longer multi-pitch climbs where there may be multiple stances and belays. Along with gaining the essential skills to tackle multi-pitch climbs, you will also be introduced to techniques for problem solving.
- Principles of multi-pitch climbing and equipment used
- Climbing calls and communication
- Building anchors for multi-pitch climbing
- Belaying for multi-pitch climbing
- Abseil access on sea cliffs
- Introduction to minor problem solving
IMPORTANT: Prerequisite Skills
Have done some leading (indoors or out on sport or trad). Have seconded trad single pitch. Ideally have lead a trad pitch but not essential.
Equipment: It would be useful if you can bring your own harness and belay device, but all equipment can be provided if needed.
This course will be lead by professional instructor Tim Miller. It will be held in Swanage and will be an all day event, so please be prepared for any weather and bring your own food and drink for the day with you.
Tim will be in touch prior to the event to confirm times and venue.