Ok, let’s try this again….
This year we’re making a long-awaited return to the Western Peak, within throwing distance of some of the most historic & iconic climbs Britain has to offer! If you have not experienced the famous gritstone, now is your chance…
!!! EVENT BOOKING NOW OPEN !!!
IMPORTANT COVID CHANGES – We’ve done our best to limit risks where possible, please let us know if you have any questions
- Unfortunately due to current social distancing measures, it won’t be practically possible for us to give 1:1 training, or the level of supervision we might usually give to newer climbers. As such, we must insist that you need to be a competent lead belayer (with half ropes) to book onto meets at this time, unless you are planning to boulder!
- Although we have exclusive use of the site, we’ve limited numbers on this meet to just 10 people to allow adequate spacing and sharing of the limited facilities (this includes if you plan to take a van rather than camping as you’ll be using the same facilities). If we think we can safely increase numbers nearer the time, we will advertise this beforehand. Please only book for yourself & climbing partner or household member.
- The owner is making additional cleaning materials available for communal areas, otherwise it will be up to us to self-manage the risks. Please follow whatever social restrictions are in place at the time of travel!
- In terms of travel – please check the most up-to-date guidance on car sharing etc before the trip
The campsite is a 20min walk to the Roaches, with some of the most famous routes the Peaks has to offer (or an 8min drive to the parking), as well as Hen Cloud with the longest routes in the region. Alternatively, Ramshaw Rocks is a 15 minute walk from the site, and there’s plenty of bouldering to boot so there should be more than enough spanning the grades locally to keep us occupied.
We will be staying at the Hazel Barrow Farm for the first time, which I am reliably informed has the luxury of hot showers! There are 2 showers & 2 toilets available.
If you have any questions about the site, or want to book extra days etc, contact as below:
You should be looking to take the following:
- Camping equipment
- Climbing gear – harness, helmet, shoes are essential, plus trad rack & ropes if you have them. The club has a limited supply of gear available for members to borrow here, please request in advance! We have covid measures in place for this, we will explain when you request.
- Walking kit
- Personal first aid kit
- Personal food & drink
Food & drink
Club food is not provided on this meet so please plan accordingly, although fingers crossed the Roaches Tearoom will be open and happy to receive our custom at some point!
As always we will arrange a facebook group (and emails for those without) nearer the time to try and help facilitate this. Again, please check for current guidance relating to car sharing etc.
If you have any questions about this meet please let us know, otherwise, enjoy the grit!!!