If you're thinking of joining the club, here's what you get through your membership:
- Regular outdoor meets throughout the year, across the UK;
- Regular social events;
- Discounted climbing at Boulder Shack on a Tuesday night;
- Discounted climbing at Calshot at all times;
- Discounted climbing at Red Spider on Monday evenings;
- BMC affiliation, including civil liability insurance;
- Discounts of up to 20% at leading outdoor shops;
- Ability to borrow to club equipment for outdoor club meets, and for your own trips when available as well;
- Access to our extensive guide book library;
- Subsidised training & coaching events throughout the year
- And of course, a whole group of belay buddies!
Everyone in SCC is continuing to learn new climbing skills and we look forward to sharing that knowledge with you. We do ask however that new members have at least the basic skills to be safe within a climbing wall, including how to put on a harness, tie in and belay. If you are not confident with these skills then we would recommend you take a learn to climb course at your local climbing wall, as offered at Boulder Shack.How to Join, the 2 quick steps:
2. You will then be redirected back to a one-off unique page on this site where you register your details with the club. This will provide us with useful information that is provided to the BMC for your affiliate membership. This will also create a user account for you on this site so that you can then sign up to events & meets.