What does the club get up to?
We climb indoors several times a week:
- Tuesdays between 7 and 10pm at Boulder Shack;
- Mondays from 7pm at Red Spider; and
- Thursdays from 7pm at Calshot.
We usually go to a nearby pub for a drink after each session – you can find us at The Rockstone most Tuesday evenings.
We also have loads of outdoor climbing meets which you can see on our events calendar here.
How much does it cost to join?
What are the benefits of joining the club?
As well as a sociable atmosphere in which to enjoy climbing, there are also some specific benefits of joining the club. These include:
- Regular outdoor meets throughout the year, across the UK;
- Regular social events;
- Discounted climbing at Boulder Shack on a Tuesday night;
- Discounted climbing at Calshot at all times;
- Discounted climbing at Red Spider on Monday evenings;
- BMC affiliation, including civil liability insurance;
- Discounts of up to 20% at leading outdoor shops;
- Ability to borrow to club equipment for outdoor club meets, and for your own trips when available as well;
- Access to our extensive guide book library;
- Subsidised training & coaching events throughout the year;
- And of course, a whole group of belay buddies!
What level of climbing experience do I need to have to join?
Can I try the club out before joining?
Non-members are also welcome to attend some outdoor meets as a guest of an existing member, although in many situations we have to restrict outdoor meets to members only due to space.
I am already a member of the BMC can I claim the membership back?
Full details can be found here.
I’m visiting Southampton for a few months, can I still get involved?
What can I expect on club meets?
All you need to know about the meets can be found here in our meet FAQ page.